But in my family we were and I come from a long line of Psychics.
I got my first fortune telling tools when I was nine, a set of Chinese Chi Sticks. I was encouraged to use them all the time. By the time I was 10 I was reading cards. My mother would write down what I felt, saw, or perceived, date it and then wait to see what happened. I was right on a lot of the time, but because I was young I didn’t always know what I saw.
There are several different ways you can perceive:
- clairtangency (clear touching or more commonly, psychometry)
- claircognizance (clear knowing or psychic knowing)
- clairgustance (clear tasting or psychic tasting)
- clairalience (clear smelling or psychic smelling, sometimes also called clairscent)
- clairvoyance (clear seeing, or psychic vision)
- clairaudience (clear hearing, or psychic hearing)
- clairsentience (clear feeling/sensing or psychic feeling/sensing, including clairempathy)
You can start developing your awareness by keeping a journal with the information you receive or perceive with the date and time. Another way to practice is to ask someone to put a picture in an envelope and seal it. Then you hold it and see what information you get. This is an easy, fun way to practice. A third way to develop your intuition is to write down a question, then grab a book while thinking about that question. Open the book and run your finger down the page with your eyes closed and when you “feel” right about stopping, open your eyes and read the sentence. You might be surprised how accurate you can be.
You have to learn to trust yourself and remain open to the outcome. As you work on this you well start understanding the way you perceive. Good luck and have fun with it.
By the way I never recommend the Oja board, it is to easy to manipulate and can invite bad juju.