Everyone has an intuitive side, most people just aren’t encouraged to develop it.
But in my family we were and I come from a long line of Psychics.
I got my first fortune telling tools when I was nine, a set of Chinese Chi Sticks. I was encouraged to use them all the time. By the time I was 10 I was reading cards. My mother would write down what I felt, saw, or perceived, date it and then wait to see what happened. I was right on a lot of the time, but because I was young I didn’t always know what I saw.
There are several different ways you can perceive:
- clairtangency (clear touching or more commonly, psychometry)
- claircognizance (clear knowing or psychic knowing)
- clairgustance (clear tasting or psychic tasting)
- clairalience (clear smelling or psychic smelling, sometimes also called clairscent)
- clairvoyance (clear seeing, or psychic vision)
- clairaudience (clear hearing, or psychic hearing)
- clairsentience (clear feeling/sensing or psychic feeling/sensing, including clairempathy)
You can start developing your awareness by keeping a journal with the information you receive or perceive with the date and time. Another way to practice is to ask someone to put a picture in an envelope and seal it. Then you hold it and see what information you get. This is an easy, fun way to practice. A third way to develop your intuition is to write down a question, then grab a book while thinking about that question. Open the book and run your finger down the page with your eyes closed and when you “feel” right about stopping, open your eyes and read the sentence. You might be surprised how accurate you can be.
You have to learn to trust yourself and remain open to the outcome. As you work on this you well start understanding the way you perceive. Good luck and have fun with it.
By the way I never recommend the Oja board, it is to easy to manipulate and can invite bad juju.
Are you becoming more aware? Getting feelings that something is going to happen or that someone is going to call? A sense of sadness or happiness when two minutes ago you weren’t feeling a thing?
Sounds like your intuitive side is waking up!
Everyone has an intuitive side, some people open up to it more than others and some people ignore it all together. But then some people are better at sports or signing than others. It is up to each individual to decide whether or not they want to perfect it more.
Here are three fun ways to do that:
- Have someone pick a picture out of a magazine, put it into an envelope and hand it to you. Hold it in your hand and see if you get anything. Do you sense color? Form? Even a picture. Write down what you sense then open the envelope and see how close you got to the actual picture.
- Sit quietly in mediation, ask a question, then wait and see if you hear a sound, feel an emotion or see an image. Write down what you felt/saw/heard and put the time and date on it. Then pay close attention during the next couple of days and see if anything happens that’s similar to the message you received.
- Take a object and hold it it your hand to see if you “get” anything from it like a feeling or image.
These are some ways to have fun with developing your intuition. Don’t be too hard on yourself in the beginning. A lot of second guessing goes on and you could talk yourself out of your ability.
I work with people who are beginning to open to their awareness and help them learn how to read the signs. It can be confusing at times, but it is there. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to keep a journal since it can help make sense of what you area receiving.
Have a question about intuition, perception or premonitions? Submit your question and I’d be happy to answer it!